Thursday, October 18, 2012

The big 1-4...

August 4th, marked 14 wonderful years since Drew was given into our lives... and I am oh so thankful God chose me to be his mom. :)

This year Drew opted for a low key party, so we just had dinner of his choice at home, and went bowling.  A couple of weeks later, he and some friends went out and did some impractical joking at the Bentonville Square, and the Mall. I have to admit that I was pretty sad that this was the first year we didn't have a real party for him... he can't be my little boy forever, right? :(

Ken aiming for his first strike...

Drew and Shelby watching the others

Brodie doing his thang!

Peyton, well, being Peyton

Angela, working the 5 step approach

Drew and Brodie, analyzing the ball selection

B-Rodie Hill! Love this kid!

The cake!

Say Cheese!!!

Ummm...  I have no idea what is happening here

My precious momma!

Calliope was a little jealous

Drew thinking, "I am getting too old for this"...

Even 14 yr olds need a special birthday hat!

Someone told her she couldn't eat the baseball :(

Then mommy said she could :)

Reading cards is serious business

Birthday Scavenger Hunt, clue #1 - he had 6 to find
He knew what it was...

Trying to not be irritated.

He was pretty stoked!  Beats by Dre


So this year was bittersweet, as it was the last "party" Drew said he would have... so I guess its time for me to accept that he is no longer my little boy, and that no matter how hard I might wish he is growing up. :(

Happy birthday D!  Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment