Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nicholas's 1 Mnth Update

To be honest, I've been ignoring the fact that my LBG (Lil Big Guy) is already a month old...  I figure if I just ignore it, he won't grow up anymore. A mom can dream, right?  I've also come to the realization that he will probably be the most spoiled rotten little guy ever, because it has hit me pretty hard lately that he is the last of my "babies". If I am honest, this actually makes me a bit sad. However, 4 kids is enough, and it still freaks me out when I say that out loud. So, I will just be soaking in each and every minute of his baby stage, and keeping memories logged in my brain, and taking a boat load of photos!

Enough rambling, onto Nicholas. 

We took him in on Monday for his 1 month checkup, and just as I already knew, he is just perfect. :)  He is up to 10 lbs 8 oz, and is 22 in long.  So he has gained just a little over a pound and grown 2ish inches. Again, I am NOT ok with this, but I don't really have a choice now do I.

Nicholas is really a sweet LBG.  He is drinking 4 oz. every 2 hours, like clockwork.  He isn't the most patient of babies, so you better be hustling to get his bottle, ASAP.  Once his eyes pop open, he is ready to eat! He is sleeping like a champ at night.  Usually goes down between 8:30 & 9, and wakes around 4 or 4:30, after his bottle he goes right back to sleep. Then wakes again around 6:30 or 7 for the day. We had to switch his formula, and he is also on Zantac for reflux.  I wanted to stay ahead of the curve with this, since Calliope gave us a run for our money.  The sensitive formula and medicine are working, thank you Jesus!

He is starting to really pay attention to everyone, and loves to be talked to. I've even gotten a couple of coo's and an actual smile recently.  Melts my heart I tell ya.

And now, for a few recent photos:

He was cooing at me... 

Seriously!?! even when he's about to cry, he's too cute for words!!!

I also plan to do this:


So here is month 1:

1 Month old

Something tells me he is gonna outgrow this basket sooner than the sample pic :)

We are all madly in love with him...



No comments:

Post a Comment