Wednesday, February 9, 2011

6 month Update

Ok, so obviously I am a bit behind... but most of you are on facebook, so have seen Christmas pictures, etc.

So... here is to me actually being able to stay on top of things!  If not daily, at least a couple of times a week :)

So last week, despite the first snow storm, we took Calliope to her 6 month checkup.  Here were her stats:

Weight: 17.14 lbs (85% percentile)
Height: 27.25 in (95% percentile)
Head: 46 cm (Off the charts, Dr said this was because Daddy had a big head!)

She had been sleeping really well, only waking for her binky a couple of times a night... but last week a switch flipped.  Well, I was thinking ear infection, teething, etc. Little did my brain think, it could be the food I was feeding her!  And turns out, it was. :(  So much for thinking she was outgrowing her milk allergy!  I had picked up some stage 2 Beechnut baby food, and evidently even the smallest amount or traces of milk derivatives TOTALLY messed her tummy up. :(  I felt AWFUL!  But lesson learned!  I am thinking about investing in the equipment to just make her baby food, just to know for sure that I know what is going into her little body.

A little bit of fun info about our sweet 6 month old:

* She LOOOOOOOOOOVES her cereal!  She eats the Sweet Potato Apple Oatmeal, and will grunt if you don't get it to her mouth fast enough!
* She also LOOOOVES sweet potatoes and bananas!  Ok, so really she likes almost all food :) Imagine that!
* She DISlikes peas... in a big way.
* She loves to watch the t.v. (in small doses of course) and recently has fallen in love with Yo Gabba Gabba.  I think its the noises and bright colors.  She will sit through a whole episode if I would let her...
*She has teeth that are trying to come through.  I think by the end of the month we will have at least 2, maybe even 4!
* She is a WIGGLE WORM!  She sits up by herself, and loves floor time.  When she lays down she rolls everywhere, and is trying REALLY hard to crawl. Trying to change a diaper is a challenge some days!
* She is starting to laugh out loud a little more, but has yet to really let loose.  I think she is afraid.  She gets the funniest look on her face when she wants to try...
* She still doesn't sleep through the night, but some progress is better than where we were a month ago!
* She adores her big brother, and thinks he is just the funniest thing ever.  She also loves her big sister, who plays with her often!


Calliope has been such a treat for our family!  I love to see her interact with the kids and with Ken.  She is almost all smiles most of the time, but when she gets mad, LOOK OUT!  Def. has a temper like mommy and daddy!

We are truly blessed!  Now for a couple of recent pictures!



We played dress up with a train suit, just as a special treat for daddy!





We love you baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment