Thursday, July 14, 2011

Meet Baxter

Since last year when my "fur baby", Jameson, passed away suddenly, our home has not really been complete... I have had a really hard time with getting another dog, because I still miss Jameson SO SO SO very much.

Ken and I had debated another bulldog, but I am just not ready.  So our next option was a golden retriever. My Aunt & Uncle have one that I love to see when we visit, and they are great family dogs. This is much important with Calliope! She just loooooves my moms dogs, so we thought her first birthday would be a great time to get her a dog to grow up with.

I had been searching online, and came across Sooner Retriever Rescue. Man, was I thrilled!  Last week, while in OK for the World Series we went to check out some of their dogs, and found one we really liked.  He was very laid back, only 2 yrs old, and seemed to be the perfect fit. 

Here he is:

 Calliope just loves him!
 Chewing on his "rat"
 Sweet Face!
Calliope is giving him some lovin!

Drew and Peyton also pretty much bonded with him instantly too, so he seems as though he was the perfect fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment