Ok, so already I am behind on this, but I should totally get a pass with all that we have had going on!
Did you know that it is almost impossible to pack and move with Calliope around? Shocked!?!? :)
So last Monday, she had her check up, and she is doing well. She is at 13 lbs, over 25 inches long... growing like a weed. Not sure where she is getting the height from, but she is off the charts! Sweet girl has the longest little legs. Dr. Froman wants to keep her on the Alimentum (ugh!!! for our checkbooks!) for another couple of months, and keep her on her medicine for her acid reflux. It has really helped alot, so its worth the nightly "fight" to get her to take it. She seems to think that this is something that Calliope will grow out of, so I pray daily that is the case.
Drew has a few more football games left. It's been a rough season, but I am proud of him for sticking with it, and trying to compete the best he can. He got his bell rung last night, and at that point I realized I am not cut out to be a "football mom". I am so ready for baseball season to come back! He is also doing very well in school so far, so I am thrilled. 7th grade can be rough, and he has adapted well. Def. an answered prayer.
Peyton is also doing well in school. She is loving her new school, and has made new friends easily. Her teacher is great, and I too love the school. She joined the running club at school (currently hates it, but needs the exercise) as well as the ballet group at school (likes it), and we are looking at another activity to do for her. She just can't decide what she wants to do. Hopefully she will make up her mind soon.
We are in the process of our move, and I am very overwhelmed. Moving has been quite the mess, and we still have so much to do. Calliope and I are still trying to get her schedule worked out, and she is quite the hand full. Nana Joyce got to keep her last Saturday for us, and got to see just what I am talking about... Here is to hoping that I can get some packing accomplished tonight, and tomorrow during the day so that Friday and Saturday will go smoothly. I didn't realize just how much stuff we had accumulated in the 3 yrs we have been here. It is nuts! I think if she doesn't cooperate just chilling in her nap nanny, or swing, I am going to have to strap her into my mobi wrap and carry her with me everywhere. Just not the ideal thing to do, but I gotta get things accomplished.
I am looking forward to getting moved, settled, and everything back to "normal", so we can establish a new family routine... and so I can focus on getting some weight gone, and exercising. I am thinking about taking up running, as well as Zumba classes. I would really like to find a partner that will keep me in it. Will continue to pray about that too.
Ok, the Diva is waking up, so its time to go for now. Will post again in the near future with some new pics too!
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment