Thursday, December 9, 2010

Month 4 Stats

We did a double purpose visit to the Dr yesterday. First was to find out what was going on with her not sleeping at night, and then also for her 4 month checkup.

Dr. Froman seems to think that her not sleeping is because her reflux is acting up at night. So she suggested we put her in her crib in her bouncy seat, or something similar, like a swing.  She is thinking that the laying flat on her back is causing it to flare up at night. Well, we gave that a try last night, and it was rough!  Calliope isn't too sure about sitting up so much in her sleep, but we are going to give it a few more days to see if she just had a rough first night...  Pray for her and Ken and I.  The sleep deprivation is making me a bit off my rocker.

Other than the reflux, she is just perfect. Her stats:
Height : 27 inches
Weight: 16 lbs
Head: 16 3/4

She is off the charts with height and weight, and didn't get the percentage on her head, but if I remember from the last time she is right on track!

Dr. F said her skin looks great, weight gain is good, and babies that are truly sick for the long haul aren't as happy and smiley as she is, so that is a relief!

She has rolled over a couple of times (just can't get it on camera), and I actually got her to laugh out loud this past Sunday. Again, no repeats for the cameras just yet, but I am patient and will keep trying!  She has also reached the time where I can't leave her laying on a raised surface without being right by her side.  She spins herself into circles and is REALLY close to making the back to tummy roll! She really is just growing so fast!

She LOVES to play in her exersaucer and watch The Hub.  Her current faves are The Wot Wots. She will just grin and grin at them. A close second are her Baby Einstein videos.  These of course hold not quite as much entertainment value as Me, her mommy. :)

She really is a sweetie pie, and I am truly blessed to get to spend my days with her.  Her smile makes the lack of sleep disappear many times, and her little quirks are just precious.

God is good, and I am so very thankful he blessed us with this darling little diva (that doesn't like to sleep)!

(4 month photos to follow... she is currently napping, and I actually have time to crank out these blog updates)

No comments:

Post a Comment